Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Shutgun. Head. Sweet relief.

Dramatized reen-countment(made up word):


Another day at rayovac, working the ol' grindstone. AAA batteries in packs of eight are taken from a conveyor belt, and placed in display trays, ten per trey, cardboard seperators are placed on 3 trays of batteries before those trays are packed into cardboard boxes.  The seperators don't actually do anything, but walmart and Rayovac like to pretend they keep they keep the cards from bending. 250 of those boxes are stacked on a pallet and wrapped up to be shipped out. a normal day, with one caviot. A nerd believes he's found a common soul. I was not the nerd.... somehow.


I'm going to shorten the nerds names for comedy (and two irony's one for you and one for me.)


Fat: Oh, so wanna be an author, huh?


Me: *I shrug* yeah, I -


Fat: Oh that's cool. Yeah I like to think of myself as a writer too. A writer and a reader.


Me: Oh yeah? what do you like to read?


Fat: Oh all sorts of stuff. Harry potter, star wars, twilight. I like good quality stuff.


Me:....................... yeah, a lot of people like those books. I read harry potter.


Fat: Oh, not just the books. I love the fanfic. Fanfic in general is just awesome. I don't know why they don't publish some of that stuff.


Me: *Trying really hard not to slap myself in the forehead* I've never been a big fan fiction reader.


Fat: Well, sure you said you're a writer. so what do you like to write about? you ever do cross-overs


Me: Cross overs?


Fat: Sure, like harry potter vs. the darkside. Prof. Lupin and the half blood vampire. Cross-overs. Actually I wrote that last one. Lupin falls in love with Bella's daughter. Well not love, just immutable attraction. I think it's my favorite of all my writing.


Me: Yeah I don't really write fanfic.


Fat: What? Why not?


(By the way, next two blocks of dialogue are as closed to word for word as I can remember)


Me:..... Well...... (if you write fanfic look away)..... it's not real writing. You can't publish it either.


Fat:..... Sure, you can. There's lots of websites outthere that let you post fanfic.


Me: sure... but that's not the kind of published I'm going for.


Fat: So, then what do you write about?


Me: well, lots of stuff. Mostly speculative fiction (scifi/fantasy/horror/etc). I wrote a book about a carpenter that learns to use magic, finds out the history behind his runaway father, and saves a city from an evil-


Fat: so... was he like Harry potter's friend or something? was he a weasley? Don't call the evil thing Voldamort, he's dead. Try... moldavort! and you're welcome for that.


*Shotgun. Head. Sweet relief. (by the by, if I had a blog where I only complained about things, this would be my sign off. No you can't use it, I may not be done with it.)

5 comments:

  1. Hey! Those are real books too! LOL, but oh man did the delusion of Fat make me chuckle.

    "Moldavort! and you're welcome for that."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scary thing is....I'm sure I know the true identity of Fat just by reading this short tidbit. Makes me chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh, now I'm curious about who you think it is. I don't think you know this guy, he's a new temp, so far as I know he's not worked there before...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sounds just like the guy that thinks everything's a conspiracy. Yeah...you know who I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heh, no I try to avoid talking to him, I tend to make him angry, and then he'll start throwing insults, so I'm not happy at the end either.

    ReplyDelete